Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pasta, Passion and Pistols


I love throwing dinner parties.  I love the planning and the prep and the part where I (hopefully) get to serve my friends something yummy.  Also, when we have company, the house gets cleaned, so that's a bonus.

This dinner is something I have been hoping to try for a long time, but needed some time to build up some courage.  I wanted to serve a small bite 'tasting' meal as a walk through of an entire day's meals.  We had breakfast, lunch, dinner (with an appetizer, salad and main course), dessert and a drink to pair with each of them.

This post is a little teaser of the meal and I'll link out to the recipes later once I get them written up.

While I cooked, everyone else kept busy playing a murder mystery (hence the bizarre title of this post).  Two months ago everyone was given their characters and last night they had to come fully dressed and acting the part.  My friends, as always, did themselves up amazingly and cracked me up all night with their italian accents and dramatic monologues of grief, accusations and lies!  


I made up a little menu so everyone knew what to expect and named our little 'restaurant'.  Dilettante means to delight or amuse and it can also mean amateur (how appropriate!)







Innis and Gunn - scotch ale 





pancetta and goat cheese ravioli, shallot and garlic brown butter, peas, parmesan



Megalomaniac riesling ice wine with edible gold stars

lemon cheesecake, black raspberry ice cream, pistachios, 
black raspberry soaked in ice wine, black raspberry sauce 

first of four loads of dirty dishes - yowza!

43 comments:

  1. My favorite.......test tubes, pipettes and edible stars.

    Fantastic menu and presentation! Julia Child said it best:

    "It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it.”

    All that love.......yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun to plan and rewarding to present. The thoughtful feedback means so much to me. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I could drink that moutarde. Actually, I believe I did. I know I stole Jay's pipe of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much left over! I should have given you the rest of it in a squeeze bottle! Haha, that would have been a good photo. I'm so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  3. I am speechless right now. I've been to some nice prix-fixe course meals and this rivals all. In fact, yours is better because you get à giant A plus plus for your creative drinks along the way. Your guests must have been having a killer time,(pun intended)!! am quite impressed. Keep doing what youre doing Erica, youre a pro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank you for the information and articles you provided

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, please guidance so that I can create a blog like yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saptahik Chakrir Khobor Newspaper New Career notice has been published for unemployed people in our country. Every week a new career notice to view through Saptahik Chakrir Newspaper for the job seekers. It is most popular for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has fully emerged to crown Singapore’s southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that.
    슬롯추천


    >cc

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dinner is something I have been hoping to try for a long time, but needed some time to build up some courage. I wanted to serve a small bite 'tasting' meal as a walk through of an entire day's meals. We had breakfast, lunch, dinner (with an appetizer, salad and main course), dessert and a drink to pair with each of them. white velvet bed sheets , plastic bed covers ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I really love your post and what you share with us is updated and quite informative. The visa to Turkey is completely open now and you can take advantage of the Turkey visa facility and Explore the Turkey like a local .

    ReplyDelete